Monday, December 14, 2015

"No Record"


No Record
“Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” –Psalm 32:1

 Recently, my husband and I decided to make a trip to Scott Air Force Base to shop at the Commissary.  As we approach the security gate, I realize I do not have my photo ID.   We are directed to the Visitor’s Center where I can be issued a pass to get on Base.  We go to the Visitor’s Center where I am asked all my personal information, name, date of birth, address, social security number, etc.  The Officer retreats to the back to look me up in the system.  After about 15 minutes he returns and tells me he was unable to locate me in their system.  I’m puzzled.  I respond, ‘What do you mean?  I work for the Department of Justice.  How are you not able to find me?’  The Officer said, ‘You don’t have a record so you aren’t in our system’.  Ok so now what?  I was told because they could not find me in the system, they were unable to issue a pass to get on the Base.  I thought, how absurd.  But then I remembered it’s kind of the same way with Jesus.  If I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, it doesn’t matter what I’ve done in the past, my record is wiped clean . . . No record!  I am forgiven!  The good news is, by having no record with Jesus, I am not denied access.  Jesus bore the weight of my sins so that my record could be wiped clean.  And I am granted full access to all that my Father has to offer, including eternal life. 
Margaret Slaughter

1 comment:

  1. His grace and mercy may not have allowed you on that base, but it surely will be sufficient when this journey is over. This blog post is a simple reminder of a great gift that we often take for granted while fighting for things that aren't even important! Love it!

    ReplyDelete