Monday, November 28, 2016

“Jesus, Take the Wheel!” by Margaret Slaughter

“We plan the way we want to live,
but only God makes us able to live it.”
Proverbs 16:9 MSG

“Jesus, take the wheel!”  We hear people say it all the time.  I’ve said it myself.  Singer-song writer, Carrie Underwood even made a song about it:
Jesus take the wheel,
Take it from my hands,
‘Cause I can’t do this on my own,
I’m letting go,
So give me one more chance,
Save me from this road I’m on,
Jesus take the wheel

We say it, but do we really mean it?  What if we actually did let Him take the wheel?  What would our lives look like?

When I’m working on a project, I’m a planner. I plan, and plan, and plan again.  I have to admit, the times that I have relinquished control of any project to the plan of God, things have turned out better than I could have ever imagined.  We have to learn to strengthen our ‘faith’ muscle, and let go, and let Him take the wheel, trusting that His plan for our lives is better than anything we can come up with.

In the morning when you rise, try saying, “Jesus, take the wheel”, and mean it!
Margaret Slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment