Monday, November 14, 2016

"Hello, My Name Is . . ." by Margaret Slaughter


“. . . you are a chosen people.  You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession.  As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light."
1 Peter 2:9 NLT
What do you call yourself?  I’m not referring to your given birth name, but what you believe about yourself in the recesses of your mind.  The negative, degrading things you call yourself.  Fat.  Ugly.  Stupid.  Loser.  You know the names.  Stop It!

Let’s begin to replace those names with what God calls us:
Hello, My Name is ‘Royal Priest’ – 1 Peter 2:9
Hello, My Name is ‘Holy Nation’ – 1 Peter 2:9
Hello, My Name is ‘God’s Own’ – 1 Peter 2:9
Hello, My Name is ‘Child of God’ – John 1:12
Hello, My Name is “In His Image’ – Genesis 1:27
Hello, My Name is ‘Friend of God’ – John 15:15
Hello, My Name is ‘Justified’ – Romans 3:24
Hello, My Name is ‘Free’ – Romans 8:2
Hello, My Name is ‘New Creature’ – 2 Corinthians 5:17
Hello, My Name is ‘Chosen’ – Ephesians 1:4
Hello, My Name is ‘Holy’ – Ephesians 1:4
Hello, My Name is ‘Blameless’ – Ephesians 1:4
Hello, My Name is ‘Redeemed’ – Ephesians 1:7
Hello, My Name is ‘Saved’ – Ephesians 2:5

He thought you were so special, that He died for you.  Who’s report will you believe?
Margaret Slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment