Monday, January 4, 2016

Run YOUR Race in 2016


Run YOUR Race in 2016


“No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”

Philippians 3:13-14

At the onset of each New Year, people generally make resolutions.  The most common vow is to lose weight, or become more serious about this or that.  I have a suggestion for the New Year . . . Run your own race! 

 If you’ve ever watched a track meet, the runners are assigned to a specific lane.  During the race, if the runner strays out of his lane, chaos ensues.  The runner and his opponents are tripped up, most times ending in a heap of tangled arms and legs.  Looking back to see where your opponent is, is also detrimental to a runner.  It slows the runner down, causing him to lose focus and momentum.

Our Heavenly Father has laid out a path for each of us.  Just like our fingerprints, each path is unique to that person.  I cannot run the race given to my friend.  That is not the race designed for me.  If I try to run the race set out for someone else, definite chaos will follow.  

Spend some time listening to the voice of God.  Let Him tell you what YOUR race is for 2016.  And stay in your lane!
Margaret Slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment