Monday, September 28, 2015

Blessing Generations to Come


I recently had an opportunity to share with my daughters that since they have been born, I have been praying for the husbands God will give them. Sound strange?  Not according to God’s Word.

Mark 11: 24 says, “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours”.  Years ago, God pricked my heart to pray for their future spouses.  This is just one example of blessing generations.

Our words have great influence in the lives of those around us, and speaking blessings can bring hope, encouragement, and direction to our families, friends, and others, for generations to come. 

Proverbs 18:21 tells us the tongue has the power of life and death.  Which are you speaking to your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or any other young person you encounter? Blessings or curses?

“You’re going to be just like your daddy / momma!”  Blessing or curse?

“I hope you have children that act just like you!”  Blessing or curse?
 
“You’re never going to change” Blessing or curse?
 
If we want our children, and our children’s children, and so on to know God, and live abundantly according to His Word, we must start to speak those things into existence.  If we want to affect the heart of our world as a whole, we must begin to speak blessings, healing, and love, to our future generations.

The greatest example of how powerful the spoken word is can be found in Genesis, Chapter 1.  In that first Chapter, God said ‘Let’ or ‘Let there be’ 13 times, and it was so. The entire universe, and all its creation was brought into existence by speaking words. Stop and think on that for a moment.  If God’s words can call an entire universe to be, what can your words call into existence?

So, I ask you again, are you speaking blessings or curses? Just as light overcomes darkness, blessings can overcome curses.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says, “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live”

It’s not too late to change the landscape of our future generations.   Start to use scripture to speak blessings over generations. “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” –Isaiah 55:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment