Monday, October 31, 2016

"No Leftovers" by Margaret Slaughter


“Only be very careful and diligently observe the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord has commanded you to love the Lord your God and walk in all His ways and keep His commandments and hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul [your very life].”
Joshua 22:5 AMP
 
In this fast-paced world, we’re all over committed.  Careers, hobbies, extra-curricular activities, sports, business ventures, and the list goes on and on.  With all that we have on our plates, where does God fit in?  Many of us give Him what’s left – the leftovers.

God always, without fail, gives us His best.  So, why should we give Him anything less?  Our subject scripture says, “serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul [your very life]”.

One thing I’ve learned is if I take care of God’s business, He will surely take care of mine.  I strive to give God my best, and not leave Him with the leftovers.  I admit sometimes it’s a struggle.  Things can crowd in quickly and monopolize my time.  But I continually pray that the Lord will pull my coattails (convict me) when that happens.  Will you join me in the pledge to never give God the leftovers?

Margaret Slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment