Monday, July 18, 2016

Recommit Every Day!

PROVERBS


 “The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again.” –Proverbs 24:16a

Several weeks ago I decided to seriously commit to a healthier lifestyle. Changing my eating habits, and committing to an exercise routine. In the past one of my downfalls has been overcoming the guilt of a bad day. If I consumed more calories than needed, or if I failed to exercise, I would decide I had messed it all up so I may as well give up. I recently read a fitness article that reprogrammed my thinking. Recommit every day! How simple, but powerful. It has been a tremendous help in keeping me focused and committed. Had a bad day? In the morning hit the reset button and recommit.

What if we applied this principle to our Christian walk? Every morning, hit the reset button, and recommit yourself to Christ daily. This practice will not only strengthen your walk, but it can also serve as a 'check in' or encourage repentance. 'Lord, I know I fell short in ___________, but here I am today, back at it.  Forgive me, and strengthen me for this new day.' Don't give up, recommit every day.

Margaret Slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment